Tuesday 14 September 2010

23-25 of August -  Leaving?We just have started!

I spent the 23 mostly in bed and around the house, taking medicine and eating like a bird.The worst part was over, but I still had all those simtoms apart from vomiting.


   On the 24 I was feeling almost ok, and I asked for a bike to my uncle so I could check were they were.I went down to the river beach, but they werent there.Probabily they are at the camp.

   I climbed all the way up to Vila Nova do ceira with the bike on my hands and then i let the gravity do it's magic from the way to VN do Ceira to the small village, Cabril, then to their camp.I got a litle bit sad because they werent ther either, but then I knew they could only be in one place:down in the river where the water divides the moutains.It's a really great place because when you're swimming between those clifs you feel like an ant in a huge deep pool with 2 giants looking at you desapointed.then you can climb a bit of the right cliff with an help of a rope and dive into the water.almost nobody knows the place so it's even more beautiful and wild.Almost better than the place is the way to get there from the camp, where the river is very shallow most parts of it, and you have to step from  rock to rock, and it's a game of pacience , dexterity and skill.than you get to parts where you can swim a bit.and if you have swimming glasses on you see all this fishes in the water that you though they werent there.towards the end there's a peninsula that is covered by a cliff so it's pratically an island, and you can stay there and you see that there were people who camped there and left fire vestiges. They surely are having fun. I will wait here for them next to the bed of the river, lying on the matress on the rocks reading Dharma bums. After a while ,I started to hear sounds of people screaming in joy-There they are, at the end of the river.I made a pole from a long branch and i stuck my black t-shirt on top of it so I could make a flag so they can see i'm there.I countinued reading and after 15 minutes the fastest ones started to arrive to the small stall by the river, right of me.

    I updated them and they updated me, saying they had a lot of fun in the cliffs jumping to the water.They said that they explored a nice cave on top off the cliffs and I wondered how the hell they got up there.we got to the camp and they said that they were leaving tomorow."Leaving?We just have started having fun!"-I said, in a suprise mood."Yeah, but it is for you because you got sick almost right from the start,we exausted ourselves here and in the beach in the village these days"-said Salvador.I guess they're right, but I'm a bit sad because I lost all the fun.And our "fun" supplies  were depleted last night they were here in the camp, they said it was a fucking good night.Haha I wished I would had benn better that day so I could spend that night here.Ok, and know there was a an issue.Some people wanted to go to camp by the beach and others wanted to stay in the camp, both arguing that that way they would save more energy for tomorrow to go to the bus.In the end, half of the people went to to camp by the beach near the place they would get on the bus tomorow, and half stayed in the camp.I went with the guys that were going to the beach because I would sleep at my uncle's place which was close .My mother did the favor of picking them up and brought them to the river , while I went by bike.They set up the tents and Ricardo was there, Fishing like a maniac, attaking the river with his buoy, scaring all the fish away.I invited him to dinner with us.Ricardo looks like he's drunk all the time , but he's a nice boy, and we had a fun time with him and his mannered younger brother.I prepared him a huge "tomatada" with tomatoes and onions that a nice old woman had given us when we asked just for salt.I sleep like a baby in my cosy bed that day.


    25- i woke up early to say goodbye to them,and went to the centre of the town in front of the church were the bus would come.And there they were, a bit touched by sleep , and I noticed Carlos and Rodrigo Goodlife weren't having a goodtime at all."We got sick last night, we are having similar simptoms to yours" said Carlos, with a sick smile on his face.After a while, Rodrigo throw up next to the bench.They're fucked up alright.I went home and gave them my medicine, and after they went to the pharmacy.The guys which had slept by the beach said they shaved some cold there.We had a nice talk about how fucked up were the russians with the vodka, and after that the bus arrived.I said goodbye to them waving my arms like a maniac on top of the gas cylinders in from of the cafe.After lunch me, Cartridge, my brother and my cousin Carolina went to Lisbon, stoping first in Coimbra to see the bedridden sister of cartucho, Joana, who had been operated a short time ago.Strong woman she is.We payed a doctor visit to her and told her to hold on.It's boring alright to be bedridden, but what can you do when you are like that?Lots of pacience and good mood, and think that better times will come.

   Then we went to Lisbon, cheking the internet on the car till the laptop fades.

No comments:

Post a Comment